29 Quarrion Ct, Hoppers Crossing VIC 3029, Australia
Phone: 0402 352 318/0094 777 652 225
Senior Software Engineer at Advanced Data Technologies, Sri Lanka 2011-2013
Worked for MT Digital Media Ltd (UK) – A cloud based video content distributor for connected TVs. Web: www.mtdm.tv. We developed a Smart TV application and an associated platform – which aggregates video contents and allows the customers to explore the content libraries and purchase premium items.
- Involved in the architecting and complete Agile System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of the project, including Scrum, Fortnightly sprints, Issue tracking using JIRA and code review
- Designed and developed a service oriented platform entirely of open source software components that serves as the backend for the Smart TV application. The entire platform was deployed on to the Amazon EC2 cloud.
- Used SOLR Indexing to provide faster search experience and introduced Liquibase as database change control tool
- Video Portal. It is a web application running on TVs which showcases various multimedia items for viewing and purchasing
- Media Search Service. RESTful Webservice used to retrieve the video item details stored in the Solr Indexing engine
- Image Transcoder. RESTful Webservice used to scale, transform and cache the images.
- ESB. Built an Enterprise Service Bus using ActiveMQ and Apache Camel
- Reporting Service. Developed as an OSGi bundle using MongoDB as storage engine
- Developed an automated deployment environment using Jenkins, Nexus and Bash scripts
Core Technologies: J2EE, Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Security, Hibernate, RESTful Web services, Jersey, SOAP, MongoDB, ESB, JSON, XML, OSGi, JSP, Freemarker, Gradle, Jenkins, Liquibase, JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber, Groovy, Tomcat, PostgreSQL, Apache Solr, ActiveMQ, Jackrabbit, Sonatype Nexus
Senior Software Engineer at Direct Technologies, Sri Lanka 2009-2011
Worked in the Research & Development team, developed client-server products; Web: www.directfn.com. We developed online stock trading software for Gulf region stock traders and brokerages.
- Servers. Designed, developed and tested new generation servers that use in-house built optimized protocols to communicate between them. These servers extract the real-time market data feed and make it available for the client terminals.
- Market Data API. A Java based API for DirectFN Services. It serves as an interface to access various services provided by in-house built servers at DirectFN. Primarily intended for the new generation platform development.
- DFNi Pro. An all in one market data terminal for multiple international exchanges which includes NSDQ, AMEX, NYSE, LSE and SGX stock exchanges.
- Market Data Rectifying Tool. Cleaning and rectifying tool which analyzes the stock history data for erroneous entries and fix them. It supports numerous alert techniques to notify administrators.
- Profile and Watch-list Service. A web service for storing, retrieving and manipulating the user profiles and watch list data
- Talos Security. A distributed authentication solution for DirectFN Client products
Core Technologies: Core Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Esper, SQL Server, Oracle
Trainee Software Developer at Kingslake Engineering Systems, Sri Lanka 2007-2008
Worked with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems; Web: www.kingslake.com
- Infor SyteLine ERP System Customization & Maintenance, Crystal Reports and Stored procedures.
- Wireless Stock Receiving System. System uses hand-held devices to receive stocks at the stores of Elsuma (pvt) Ltd. This application was developed as a standalone system and then integrated with the ERP System Syteline.
B.Sc. (Hons) in Engineering at University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka 2005-2009
Computer Science & Engineering, Sri Lanka
Final Thesis & Project
Project eID – A Versatile, Privacy Preserving Electronic Identity Framework (Final year project); Web: www.project-eid.org
It is an open model for eIDs focused more towards research in security, electronic identification and cryptography. I developed a prototype smart card based eID and programmed it using `Java Card` technology.
Core Technologies: Java, Java Card, Java Web services
- Privacy Enhanced Data Management for an Electronic Identity System
– Published in IEEE Xplore [E-ISBN : 978-1-4244-2887-8]
|Skill Type||Skill List|
|Programming Languages||Java (J2EE, J2SE), PHP|
|Frameworks||Spring, Hibernate, Jersey, OSGi, Esper|
|DBMS||SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle|
|Other Technologies||XML, XPath, XSD, XSLT, SQL, GWT|
|Database Change Control||Liquibase|
|Source Control||Git, SVN, TFS|
|Testing Tools||JUnit, Mockito, JMeter, Cucumber + Ruby (Automation)|
|Build Tools||Gradle, Maven, Ant|
|Enterprise Service Bus||Apache ActiveMQ + Apache Camel|
|Enterprise Search Platform||Apache Solr|
|Web Servers||Nginx, Apache|
|Application Servers||Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss, WebSphere|
|Agile Practice||Scrum Methodology|